Sunday 19 June 2011

Welcome you dirty dirty people!

Hi people and welcome to Freeride NW – this blog is dedicated to my mountainboard antics ‘ere up north.

Don’t know what mountainboarding is? Then check out the links below for more info (especially the ATBA-UK one) and get riding!

Know what mountainboarding is but not freeriding? Then you’re a heathen and must be schooled!!! Freeriding is a non-competitive way of riding – its all about the way you get from point A to point B (and then point C if you aren’t great at stopping)…be it down a mountain, through a forest, on roads, across a golf course or around a park. Or all of them at the same time.

I’m based in Lancashire and really need to get away from my few local spots and start finding some more hidden gems. I say “hidden gems”…but there are hills all around me that I haven’t stepped foot on – let alone start exploring the Lakes.

I hope the blog will get me out exploring more…maybe inspire other people to get out riding and exploring more and hopefully become a bit of a resource for any riders up here (or anyone who’s half interested).

The mountainboarding community is great…but spread a bit thinly. Riders and resources are out there – but can take a bit of finding. So, I’m going to try and focus on highlighting new riding spots, advertising any upcoming meet-ups/events, sharing the knowledge and anything I end up rambling on about.

No comments:

Post a Comment