Sunday 26 June 2011

Freeride NW Map

I am creating and will be updating the Freeride NW Map with locations of trails that I have scouted and a few notes on them.


View Freeride NW in a larger map

This is very much inspired by the Mountainboard Ride Guide compiled by mountainboarding-guru Roger Swannell et al.


View Mountainboard Ride Guide in a larger map

I hope to do something similar, but focus it just for the NW area.

Other tools I am currently testing out are iPhone apps Outside and MotionX.

Outside is a free map resource app that scales from UK wide road networks down to OS level detail. The App seems to work pretty well using 3G and can be used as a GPS.

MotionX is priced at approx £1.50 and also doubles as a similar GPS device. MotionX allows you to record your track – recording your path against the map, and details distance, average and top speeds. It seems to have everything I need and I will let you know how it’s faring after more testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment