Monday 7 November 2011

What squeaks and likes cheese…?

…Not my brakes…

In my last post I talked about getting a new set of Heatsink brake pads for my ABS brake.

Well I managed to get out to the Test Track on Saturday morning to give them a try-out and they seemed to work fine. Admittedly, it’s not as steep or fast as the descents in the Lakes, which made it hard to compare the braking power against the old stock pads.

What I can say is:

  • They definitely slowed me down equal to or more than the old pads,
  • During harsh braking, I was being thrown forward more than I used to with the old pads,
  • They were quiet!!!

Quiet...I know! Who’d have thought it? Admittedly they were a bit squeaky on the first couple of runs, but then they seemed to bed in and were silent. I shot this video to show how quiet:


Note – it wasn’t running particularly fast and I was purposefully braking before every right turn to demonstrate the noise…so I never really got up to a decent speed which is why it looks so slow.



So – all in all they seem good, but I guess this weekend’s trip to the Lakes will show how effective they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment